Birds only have three hearts, and therefore are killed easily. They can usually walk on the ground, but start flying at random times, and make a variety of cool and ambient noises, from a few chirps to even caws. However, they are timid, and flee from players. Otherwise, they generally don't do that much other than keep calm and be birds.
- Birds were present in the 1.2.5/1.3.2 versions of the mod as seagulls and woodpeckers, and made a return in version 0.5.6, as cardinals, bluejays, sparrows, chickadees, crows, and parrots.
- Each of the six species has its own sound.
- Strangely enough, parrots were chosen to make canary sounds.
- The sparrow was originally supposed to be a robin, but then it got changed into a sparrow.
- When killed, birds drop feathers.
- You could easily trick birds into flying by placing leaf blocks near them.